Wrinkles, sagging and age spots, oh MY!
At the end of every summer, each of us has some (be it a little or a lot of) sun damage to show for it. Ultraviolet radiation from the sun breaks down collagen and elastin fibers, which over time causes the skin to lose its strength and flexibility, leading to deep wrinkles and sagging skin.
While the sun is the primary culprit of premature aging, there is good news. Here's 5 things you can do to repair that sun damaged skin:
1. Topical Treatments JW Aesthetic Kojilac-C Serum treats hyperpigmentation (sun spots) and JF Aesthetic Retinol 50 Serum is used to reduce those fine lines and wrinkles. Alternating these products every night can lead to a noticeably brighter and more youthful-looking face. Products available in the TFI/SkinSuite offices.
2. Laser Resurfacing Intense pulsed light (IPL) noninvasive laser treatment can reduce age spots and sun damage. Used on the face, neck, hands and chest, this high-tech tool will restore and rejuvenate your skin.
3. Chemical Peels These topical treatments will have you waving “bye-bye” to dry, dull skin and “hello” to an even skin tone and brightened complexion. Try our our Glo Therapeutics Salicylic Acid 30% Chemical Peel or our GLO Therapeutics Modified Jessner 14% Chemical Peel.
4. Hydrate Use a hydrating moisturizer daily. The sun can leave your skin feeling and looking dry. Try TFI Aesthetic Moisturiche, www.TFIskinsuite.com
5. Protect Prevention is Key! Once you’ve treated sun damage, be sure to prevent it from returning. Wear sunscreen year round (yes, even in the winter months!). Apply at least a 15 SPF everyday and reapply when necessary.